Wednesday 10 June 2009

Audrina Patridge Look..x

So i've decided to start posting some of the looks i'm trying out to see what you guys think.

Firstly i'd like to apologise for the appauling quality of the pictures. I still can't find my charger cord for my other camera so i'm stuck using my old one.

The Hills is one of my new addictions, but it's not just the drama that attracts me to it, it's also the clothes, hairstyles and makeup worn by the cast. Lauren Conrad is deffinatly my favourite on the show and i have to admit that i don't actually like the person who i'm taking inspiration from very much, Audrina Patridge.
She always tends to wear the heaviest eye-makeup out of all the girls but it was this picture that really inspired me:

I thought i would take this look and make it a bit more wearable for everyday at school/work/etc as Audrina has some pretty heavy eyeliner on there. My version is still quite striking but simple and quick to do.







All of the products used were MAC and all permanent colours.
I started off using Rubenesque Paint Pot as a base, shadows really seem to stick to this and it brings out the true colour of the shadow.
I then applied Satin Taupe all over my lid and then blended it up towards my brow.
Next i applied Brule as a highlight under my brow and blended the two so that there were no harsh lines.
Then i applied Carbon to the crease and outer corners of my eyes.
I took a thinner liner brush and applied Satin Taupe under my lower lashline in the outer half.
Lastly i applied Shroom to the inside corners of my lid and applied two light coats of Plushlash mascara to my eyelashes.

I paired this with a nude lip to avoid that 'overdone look', what do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment